Asset Management Coordinator
Illinois – Oakbrook Terrace
Mid-America Real Estate Group is the Midwest’s leading retail real estate firm. The company is headquartered in Oak Brook with additional offices in Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis and Detroit. Mid-America specializes in tenant and landlord representation, investment and net lease sales, asset management and construction management all focused on the shopping center industry in the Midwest.
Mid-America Asset Management, Inc. is part of the Mid-America Real Estate Group. Mid-America Asset Management, Inc. is currently the largest third-party, retail asset manager in the Midwest (managing and leasing over 60 million square feet of retail space). Mid-America Asset Management is the choice of most institutional owners and entrepreneurial investors with real estate interest in the Chicago and Midwest markets. Services that we provide our clients include, but are not limited to, strategic planning, property management, project leasing, financial reporting and construction management and development services.
Responsibilities of an Asset Management Coordinator:
- The Coordinator will support a team of 3-4 Property Managers and will have responsibilities that include, but not limited to:
- Assemble and transmit monthly reports and annual budgets
- Input and code invoices for accounts payable (Nexus Payables and/or Yardi)
- Draft and track default notices; tenant notices and operational correspondence
- Assemble common area maintenance, tax reconciliations, etc.
- Prepare contracts and collect insurance certificates
- Assist in coordination of managers’ projects/workload
- Interact with clients, vendors and tenants
- General office support to include team coverage, participation in company meetings and functions
- Time Management – has ability to manage workload effectively and efficiently;
- Prioritizing and Organizing – understands the importance of priorities and accomplishes goals in an organized manner;
- Professionalism – provides the utmost professionalism when dealing with clients, vendors, tenants, as well as, colleagues and peers;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- 2 years or more experience in retail/commercial property management strongly preferred, but not required
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Suite and Adobe. SharePoint/One Drive experience is a plus.