Illinois – Oakbrook Terrace
The Asset Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the property, inclusive of the financial performance as well as ensuring that all operational issues are addressed accordingly. This role acts as the liaison among tenants, clients, local government and our Corporate Office on all property related matters. The ideal candidate must possess a solid financial understanding, be organized and have effective communication skills. Mid-America promotes a Team approach to management and candidate must be a team player, while also being able to work independently. A working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, MRI, Skyline and Kardin a plus.
- A Degree in Real Estate/Business/Finance or Accounting is a preferred.
- Applicant is required to secure a real estate license within six (6) months of employment.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Day-to-day management functions of the property, including telephone contact and correspondence with owner, tenants, contractors, etc. Comprehensive weekly inspections of each property managed; identifying and remedying any potential concerns.
- Coordinate and prepare property specific vendor scopes for each property service. This includes preparing all contacts and ensuring that all required information is submitted prior to commencement of work. Coordination of maintenance / service requests.
- Review and resolution of all tenant receivable issues. Ensure Defaults and any Lease penalties are assessed in a timely basis. Support Accounting with annual reconciliations and tenant billings.
- Invoice approval and expense control.
- Preparation of monthly property reports inclusive of a Detailed Variance Analysis, Receivables Report and thorough examination of Tenant Sales and performance.
- Develop and maintain annual operating Asset Management Plans for each property pursuant to Client guidelines.
- Prepare strategic Five (5) year Capital plans.
- Maintain regular tenant contact and ensure all tenant questions or concerns are promptly addressed.
- Ongoing management of standard lease provisions, which include collection of current COI, HVAC and Sales reporting requirements.
- Assistance in coordinating with leasing staff the expansion of existing tenants or renegotiation of existing leases. Preparation of Lease abstracts.
- Supervision of space planner and contractors, and assist in securing permits and signage approvals, if applicable.
- Coordination efforts between Management, Leasing, Accounting, and Construction Management.
- Communication and reporting any immediate issues or concerns to client contact.