Associate Asset Manager
Illinois – Oakbrook Terrace
Mid-America Real Estate Group is the Midwest’s leading retail real estate firm. The company has offices in Oakbrook Terrace, Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis and Detroit. Mid-America specializes in Investment Sales, Leasing/Asset Management and Tenant Representation, all focused on the retail and shopping center industry in the Midwest.
This description of duties and responsibilities apply to Mid-America Asset Management’s Associate Manger employees.
Purpose: Acquire the knowledge and understanding of property management to perform duties as a property manager responsible for the on-going operation and management of buildings contracted for management. The Assistant Asset Manager along with the Senior Manager work as a team to be the Principal representative of the company in the field.
Principal Relationships: Reports to Senior Asset Manager and Client Contact on all issues. In addition, their relationship, consists of working with other Property Managers, Accountants, and Leasing Staff in order to obtain expanded knowledge of all facets of property management.
The Associate Manager is responsible for the effective day-to-day management of the shopping centers through the implementation of corporate policy and procedures with direction and supervision from the Senior Asset Manager. Further description of accountability and responsibility are listed below.
The Associate Manager is greatly involved in working with the Senior Manager on all aspects of property management to gain and benefit from specific “hands on” experience.
This position will be based in our Oakbrook Terrace, IL office.
- Day-to-day management functions of the property including telephone contact and correspondence with owner, tenants, contractors, etc.
- Tenant Relations and issues.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of Common Area Maintenance (CAM), Real Estate Tax and Insurance.
- Abstracting leases, amendments and assignments of lease.
- Budgeting for operations, capital expenditures; Management Plan.
- Implementing yearly Management Plans for each property to stay within budget parameters.
- Invoice approval and expense control.
- Contracting for all operational services, capital jobs and tenant improvement jobs with Senior Manager.
- Accurate and timely submission of all reports.
- Assistance in coordinating with leasing staff the expansion of existing tenants.
- Coordination of maintenance/service requests.
- Representative of company in the community.
- Monthly inspections of each property managed. Weekly visits.
- To work with corporate staff and departments specializing in various aspects of retail management.
- Become familiar with the investment structure of their particular property and understand its financial obligations and structure.
- Perform other such duties and special projects as assigned.