Senior Asset Manager
Illinois – Oakbrook Terrace
The Senior Asset Manager maintains a portfolio of retail properties and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the property, inclusive of the financial performance as well as ensuring that all operational issues are addressed accordingly. This role acts as the liaison among tenants, clients, local government and our Corporate Office on all property related matters. The ideal candidate must possess a solid financial understanding, be organized and have effective communication skills. Mid-America promotes a team approach to management and candidate must be a team player, while also being able to work independently. A working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, MRI, Skyline and Kardin a plus.
- A Degree in Real Estate/Business/Finance or Accounting is preferred.
- This position requires a minimum of five (5) years commercial Property Management experience, preferably in Retail Property Management.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Reports to a Partner on any issues or concerns with team, tenants or clients.
- Overseeing, training and assisting other team members in handling property, tenant and Ownership issues. Overseeing the effective day-to-day management of the “team” shopping centers through the implementation of corporate policy and procedures and operation and management of the physical asset.
- Review team members’ annual projects as budgeted to ensure compliance with budgeted expense and scope of work.
- Interview potential new job candidates.
- Complete annual reviews of team members and provide feedback to Partner.
- Review Tenant Coordinator annual bid projects (i.e. landscaping, snow removal, rubbish removal, parking lot sweeping/cleaning) to ensure competitive bids are received and appropriate contractor is chosen. Negotiate with vendors as needed.
- Prepare annual property budgets, strategic capital plans and reforecasts.
- Identify cost savings with preferred vendors.
- Assist in developing new and effective policies and procedures in which work is performed by administrative assistants, leasing and managers.