Mid-America Real Estate is the Midwest’s leading retail real estate firm. The company has offices in Oakbrook Terrace, Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis and Detroit.
Mid-America specializes in Investment Sales, Leasing, Asset Management and Tenant Representation, all focused on the retail and shopping center industry in the Midwest.
- Completes data entry, routing, and filing of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and various internal data tracking systems.
- Provides administrative support to Accounting Department as needed.
- Assists and communicates with Property Management Department regarding A/R and A/P issues and processes.
- Prepare monthly rent charges, statements, and Aged Receivable reports.
- Prepare bank deposits, system data entry for cash receipts, and filing of completed batch reports.
- Upload and data entry of property invoices into accounting software.
- Process A/P payments via printing approved check batches, matching checks with invoices, obtaining signatures, mailing and filing of completed payments.
- Prepare tenant billback invoices.
- Maintenance of miscellaneous internal reports.
- Entry of monthly tenant sales into appropriate system.
- Maintenance of inventory of supplies for check processing, depositing, printer supplies for the Accounting Department.
- Participation in staff meetings and involvement in special projects.
- Assisting other Administrative team members as needed.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Support the Accounting Department by performing all the responsibilities above in a timely manner.
- Accurate and quick data entry skills required.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to learn new software systems quickly.
- Ability to navigate multiple software systems.
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively and proactively communicate.
- Basic knowledge of financial terms and principles is a plus.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure.
- Must be able to work independently and with limited supervision.