Asset Management Coordinator
Mid-America is the Midwest’s leader in retail real estate services, with offices in Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin. Mid-America specializes in tenant and landlord representation, investment and net lease sales, asset management and construction management focused on the shopping center industry in the Midwest.
Mid-America Asset Management, Inc. is currently the largest third-party retail asset manager in the Midwest (managing and leasing over 60 million square feet of retail space). Mid-America is the choice of many institutional owners and entrepreneurial investors with real estate interests in Chicago and other Midwest markets. Services that we provide our clients include, but are not limited to, strategic planning, property management, project leasing, financial reporting, and construction management and development services.
Responsibilities of an Asset Management Coordinator:
The Coordinator will support a team of 3-4 Property Managers and will have responsibilities that include, but are not limited to:
- Assemble and transmit monthly reports and annual budgets
- Input and code invoices for accounts payable (Nexus Payables and/or Yardi)
- Draft and track default notices, tenant notices and operational correspondence
- Assemble common area maintenance, tax reconciliations, etc.
- Prepare contracts and collect insurance certificate
Assist in coordination of managers’ projects/workload
Interact with clients, vendors and tenants
General office support to include team coverage, participation in company meetings and functions
- Time Management – has ability to manage workload effectively and efficiently
- Prioritizing and Organizing – understands the importance of priorities and accomplishes goals in an organized manner
- Professionalism – provides the utmost professionalism when dealing with clients, vendors, tenants, as well as colleagues and peers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 2 years or more experience in retail/commercial property management strongly preferred, but not required
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Suite and Adobe. SharePoint/One Drive experience is a plus