Associate Facilities Manager
Mid-America Real Estate is the largest, full service, retail real estate organization in the Midwest. The company is headquartered in Oakbrook Terrace with additional offices in Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis and Detroit. Mid-America is the market expert in every discipline of retail real estate including Leasing/Asset Management, Tenant Representation and Investment Sales.
Mid-America Asset Management is seeking an Associate Facilities Manager for our retail client portfolio. The primary goal of the Associate Facilities Manager is to provide exceptional portfolio and store level management and analysis of our client’s assets. You will be responsible for oversight of all aspects of the reporting, maintenance, cleaning, repair, improvement and efficient operation of first-class retail locations. This person works closely with management and staff developing strong customer relationships and a culture of continuous improvement. This position is located in our Oakbrook Terrace, IL office.
- Primary contact for tenant service requests and operational issues. Responsible to promptly dispatch maintenance requests. Maintain communication with vendor and client to ensure that all service requests are addressed in a timely manner.
- Manage relationships with vendors to ensure competitive pricing and exceptional service. Including sourcing new vendors and verifying insurance compliance.
- Creating and maintaining vendor databases.
- Understand the terms and specifications of property service contracts including applicable Service Level Agreements. Monitor the performance of service vendors and conduct regular meetings and site visits to ensure optimum performance.
- Creating and maintaining location abstracts/databases.
- Preparation of budgets and monthly reporting with variance analysis.
- Coordinate with landlords for exterior maintenance and repairs.
- Exceptional customer service and organizational skills.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and projects, keeping all team members informed of progress and issues.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
- Candidate must be a team player, while also being able to work independently utilizing problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Vendor management experience.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree required, or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Access).