Prepare financial statements and budgets based on specific client standards. Prepare CAM and tax reconciliations for each tenant. Daily interaction with the Property Manager, banks and clients.
Preparation of financial statements in a timely and accurate manner, including completion of the following:
- Be able to handle a portfolio of properties from institutional clients needing GAAP financial statements, various cut-offs and reporting requirements.
- Preparation of all journal entries with appropriate supporting back-up documentation
- Preparation of supporting work papers for all balance sheet accounts (prepaids, deferred rent, lease concessions, fixed assets, depreciation/amortization, accruals, etc.).
- Review of the financial statement package to ensure that all system-prepared schedules reconcile to other system-prepared schedules, including documentation of any reconciling differences (security deposits, aged A/R, etc.).
- Identification of income statement accounts requiring variance explanations and providing clear, comprehensive explanations.
- Resolution and documentation of responses to all review notes generated.
Reconciliation of all bank statements on a timely basis, with follow-up and resolution of all reconciling items in the next accounting month.
Review and approval of all payables batches prior to check processing.
Review of all tenant cash receipts prior to deposit.
Review of monthly scheduled charges for tenants and entry of non-recurring charges such as quarterly billings or late fees.
Preparation and review of the annual property budget. Preparation and review of the CAM, real estate tax, insurance and other miscellaneous reconciliations.
Preparation of 1099 data for each property in the accountant’s portfolio.
Assistance to the property manager in any tenant billing disputes.
Assistance with property turnover of assignments.
Preparation and review of quarterly/mid-year financial statements, including reforecasting.
Mentoring and training of new employees as well as involvement in on-going training within the company and department.
Assist with Property takeovers and setups.
Assist with special projects as determined by the Director of Property Accounting.
Participation in staff meetings and department related special projects.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Preferred 3 years of property accounting experience or 5 years accumulated accounting experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn new software systems quickly
- Detailed oriented and strong organizational skills
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment while meeting required reporting deadlines
- Positive attitude and possess the ability to respond quickly to others