Mid-America Real Estate – Minnesota has an immediate opening for a full time Property Accountant. The Property Accountant is responsible for the preparation of financial statements and budgets based on specific client standards. A Property Accountant must possess strong communication/organizational skills, the ability to work independently, be detail oriented, and must be able to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment while meeting required reporting deadlines.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
Preparation of financial statements in a timely and accurate manner, including completion of the following:
- Preparation of all journal entries with appropriate supporting back-up documentation.
- For accrual books, identification of necessary accruals and the posting of journal entries.
- Review of the financial statement package to ensure that all system-prepared schedules reconcile to other system-prepared schedules, including documentation of any reconciling differences (security deposits, aged A/R, etc.).
- Identification of income statement accounts requiring variance explanations and providing clear, comprehensive explanations.
- Resolution and documentation of responses to all review notes generated.
- Reconciliation of all bank statements on a timely basis, with follow-up and resolution of all reconciling items in the next accounting month.
- Review of all tenant cash receipts prior to deposit.
- Review of monthly scheduled charges for tenants and entry of non-recurring charges such as quarterly billings or late fees.
- Preparation and review of the annual property budget.
- Preparation and review of the CAM, real estate tax, insurance and other miscellaneous reconciliations.
- Preparation of 1099 data for each property in the accountant’s portfolio.
- Assistance to the property manager in any tenant billing disputes.
- Participation in staff meetings and department related special projects.
Mid-America offers a competitive salary/benefits package.