Mid-America Real Estate is the leader in the Midwest of third party retail commercial real estate services, including tenant representation, property leasing, asset management and investment sales.
This Property Accountant position offers an excellent opportunity to make a contribution in our successful property management team. We offer a pleasant, supportive, fun work environment, working with a group of dedicated, energetic professionals.
Prepare financial statements and budgets based on specific standards for shopping center owners. Prepare CAM and tax reconciliations for each tenant. Daily interaction with the property manager, banks and clients.
- Preparation of financial statements
- Reconciliation of all bank statements
- Review and approval of all payables batches
- Review of all tenant cash receipts
- Review of monthly scheduled charges for tenants and entry of non-recurring charges
- Preparation and review of the annual property budget
- Preparation and review of the CAM, real estate tax, insurance and other miscellaneous reconciliations
- Preparation of 1099 data for each property in the accountant’s portfolio
- Assistance to the property manager in any tenant billing disputes
- Assistance with property turnover of assignments
- Preparation and review of quarterly/mid-year financial statements, including reforecasting
- Participation in staff meetings and department-related special projects
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- MRI, Yardi and Kardin experience a plus
- Ability to learn new software systems quickly
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment while meeting required reporting deadlines
- Positive attitude and the ability to respond quickly to others
ALL RESUMES MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY YOUR COVER LETTER explaining why you are interested in the position.
Position is eligible for all company benefits, including paid time off; health, dental, life and disability insurances; business expense reimbursement; paid parking; 401(k) participation with company match. Salaried position, with bonus potential related to performance.