TENANT / RETAILER Representation
Founded in 1984 as one of the Midwest’s first tenant representation specialists, Mid-America has become the dominant and most trusted name in retail real estate in the region. Our team is built on a foundation of unrivaled market knowledge, strong relationships and keen understanding of the evolving retail landscape.
We know retail real estate in every dimension, and have helped all manner of tenants, including occupiers who don’t think of themselves as being in retail. This includes medical services, financial services, health/beauty, fitness, entertainment concepts and, of course, food and beverage. We are sector specialists as much as real estate experts.
We can scale our level of service to meet your needs.
- Market entry and expansion strategies and support
- Site identification, selection and acquisition
- Market penetration plans and timelines
- Competitive environment assessment, including location analysis
- Competitor sales evaluation to understand performance potential
- Competitor activity analysis leveraging Mid-America’s leasing portfolio of 60 million square feet of GLA
Market and Site Analysis
- Local and regional market data and customized demographics to assess trade area viability
- On- and off-market opportunities analysis and tracking of “at-risk” retailers to anticipate future market availability and competitive environment
- Local market trends and trade area sales performance analysis to guide decision-making
Lease Negotiation and Execution
- Lease terms leveraging market comps, economic data and landlord relationships
- Deal provisions and timelines sufficient to meet permitting procedures and requirements of local municipalities or other governing bodies
- Preparation of materials for real estate committee’s site approval package, if needed
- Advisory including relocations, renewals, right-sizing and rebuilding
- Design and construction facilitation
- Entitlement coordination
- Facilities management
- Financial feasibility
- Lease administration